Saturday, August 18, 2012

Movie Review: The Bourne Legacy

YES. THIS WILL SPOIL THINGS FOR YOU...

I am a fan of the Bourne series so naturally I had to partake in the viewing of the next in the Bourne series: The Bourne Legacy. My lips are so tight right now and I still have indentations in my arm from pressing my fingertips so hard into my skin. This movie was very disappointing. It's nothing against Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner). He's an excellent actor. But the script was trash. I don't know if Tony Gilroy (writer) rushed it or decided to go out on a limb without his "Dream Team" (writers from the previous Bournes). There was no doubt action throughout the movie but that's about it. C'mon, we viewers are smarter than just a few cool fights and some explosions. We saw, and loved, the first three Bournes and expected more of this one. Some of us even read the books by Robert Ludlum.

I was a bit leery about this Bourne without Matt Damon but I understood the premise behind it so I thought I'd give it a shot. I did, however, hope and wish and pray that Matt Damon would at least make a cameo or even cross paths with Number Five to work together on something... or something, anything that would keep Jason Bourne tied in. Well, I was highly disappointed about that too! No Matt Damon. He IS Jason Bourne. He MADE this series. They tied in the last movie with this one which was cool. But that's where the cool ended. The end of the movie especially sucked: "I was hoping we were lost." Again, I'm not knocking Hawkeye. And I love Rachel Weisz and Ed Norton but, er, um, uhh...

Although, I was disappointed in the movie, especially the ending, all is not lost. I still have faith in Bourne. So I'll listen to Extreme Ways by Moby and I'll watch the first three Bournes on DVD until the "Dream Team" decide to get back together and get Matt on board so we can end these shenanigans. I felt it was a waste of time and money.



No comments:

Post a Comment