Monday, April 18, 2011

Week Two (#ROW80), Week One (new job)

THIS NEW JOB IS IN THE WAY! 

Okay, just had to get that out.  From the above statement one could deduce that I have accomplished little to no writing due to this new job/training schedule.  That deduction would be absolutely correct.  I wrote a half of a scene last week! 

Now, I'm not going to make it seem like its "all the job's fault."  I do play a part in this getting-little-to-no-writing-done thing too.  I just haven't incorporated writing into my new work schedule and responsibilities (taking classes and studying).

I'll be in training until June so if things don't improve (ie- if I don't get it together!), I may have to sit this round out!  I really don't want to but it may come to it.  

Here's an attempt to stay with it...
Revised writing goal: WRITE ON THE WEEKENDS.

Now, this is easier said...uh, written than done.  I'm away at training during the week and leave Friday afternoons to go home.  So I have about a day and a half to spend with my family and friends and then I'm back in training for the next five days.  I am going to have to try to squeeze in a creative moment here or there....I really don't wanna be on the sidelines.

Hmmmmm.....


What would Sylvester Stallone do?

2 comments:

  1. Jobs! Who needs 'em?! ;)
    Try and sneak in a little writing here and there. Good luck and I'm glad you're working to stick with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a specfic schedule and just do that much. New jobs take three months to get down to easy.

    ReplyDelete