Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ode (sorta) to My Baby

Yesterday, my baby sister had not one but two seizures. She's not a baby. Hardly. She's almost 30. But she'll always be my baby sister.

The second of the two seizures was worse than any of the others that she's had over the past ten years.  She got injured this time.  Four stitches at her right temple.  Fractured cheek bone. Fractured nose bone. Sprained wrist. Sprained ankle. Bumps and bruises. And a massive headache.

But she's still here and I am so grateful.

So, this, is for you babygirl!

When I look at you, I still see that three year old baby face
who was "hugging [her] daddy" all night when the bathroom dream held you in place
I see the babygirl that I have to protect because "he" left us all
I am older and have to kiss your boo-boos after every fall
I know that you are a woman now, a strong beautiful lady
I want the best for you, I want you to soar because you are still my baby
Everyone can see me beam as proud mamas do
You'll always be my baby and I will always love you

I think the relationship between sisters is undeniably precious.

Share your sister story here and let the world know how you feel about your sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment