Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easy (like Sunday Morning! #ROW80 update)

Good morning. (Well it was morning when I started! LOL!)

Well, I have two pieces of great news to share:
1. I have met my goal of working on at least one WIP twice per week- its actually a new one and there's a story behind it.... I was ear hustling (AKA eavesdropping) one day and wrote down a statement this guy made.  From there a character came alive and is now solidifying a spot for himself in my writing world.  I just let him do his thing and before I know it I have thousands of words (ok, maybe only ONE thousand)  on my screen!
2. *drumroll* A fellow writer read my last blog post (dated 02.17.11) and asked if I would like to be a guest blogger on her website. Ummm, yeah! (Hell, yeah!) I am excited and I am flattered for the invitation and recognition.  Check it out at thatwritingchic.info 


That's it. Short and sweet.  I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday!

Happy Writing!


8 comments:

  1. what a great week - a new character out of the blue and an invite because they liked what you wrote - good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on both counts! I'm going to have to start eavesdropping. ;)

    Good luck with the guest blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eavesdropping is mandatory for writers. How else are we going to come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Joy Joy, indeed! I'm glad you had such a great week! Ear hustling is my new favorite phrase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' work - what a happy post! I get more mileage out of what I mis-hear, than what I hear. But, real life is always odder than fiction, and it pays to pay attention. Congratsw on your hard work and your guest blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support everyone! Most times we hear people but we don't really listen... listening works! LOL! Hope my character likes me- I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shari... thanks for the follow. Stop in anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! Well done. And I really like "ear hustling." Haven't heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete