Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ROW80 Check In- #1

I hit the ground running on Day One of the ROW80 first round, 2011.  I was so excited to have been in my fictional world with my MC.  I was so proud of myself when I met my goal on the first day.  Others were proud of me as well, giving words of encouragement.  But alas, I have fallen short in keeping with my goals.  When I say that life got in the way yesterday and today, it really did!  My intentions were the same as they have always been- to write and write and write and write- but that did not happen.  I will not allow this to get me down.  It did at first but then I read Kait's reminder, to paraphrase "if your goals need to be tweeked then tweek them as long as they remain measurable."  

So, here goes my tweeking:  I will write four days per week for at least one hour each day.  The week will begin on Monday and end on Sunday.  During my allotted writing time I will not Tweet, FB, email, IM, or have my phone turned on.  I can do it! *I think I can, I think I can... I know I can, I know I can...*  The Lil Nee Nee That Could!


4 comments:

  1. I keep saying, if you have a slow day, don't let it get you down - just think of the next day as a fresh start. Best of luck with the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Nee Nee. I know you can too :)
    Use ROW80 to find the measurable goals that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW you can. This is exactly what "300 Steps to Greatness" is all about! I'm going to be cheering for you every step of the way. For each day that you write and post, I will be here to share an encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete