Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trying out write or die program.... wrote 390+ words in 15 minutes

How does this work? I don't know. What kind of person would purposely put themselves under this much pressure? I can't understand how a person can be creative under pressure. I think that's why I was unable to complete NaNoWriMo this year. I barely even started. Lost my mojo. See, I've been going through some things that has caused my mojo to run away and I'm currently looking to bring it back home. My life, I believe, is boring. Thus the difficulty with finding a topic worth writing about. (See this pressure is ridiculous. I just had a brain fart, couldn't remember how to spell a word, and lost time. UGGGHH!) I have all types of distractions like this Tweetdeck on my laptop. Tweets keep popping up while I type. But I can't not have it on because I think I'll miss something... so sad! Anyway, I work in a prison and decided to try to write a story involving (drum roll please...) working in a prison. Why? I want to scream at the lackluster topic that I chose. But I chose it nonetheless. I started writing an outline. I think it would actually be a pretty good story if I wasn't so unenthusiastic about the topic. So here's the storyline: The wife of a wrongly convicted construction company owner is a corrections officer at the prison he is sent to and she has to keep their marriage e a secret to keep her job while trying to get a lawyer to get his conviction overturned, keep his company afloat, keep their household together, keep her vows, and hold on to her sanity. I don't know what I will do with this storyline but I was instantly bored with it. I can't take my laptop to work and writing on small notepads are very tedious! Oh wow! I went over my word goal with time to spare. Guess this thing does work. Now to schedule writing time everyday..... mission impossible? We will see....

4 comments:

  1. Well I'd read it......sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suck NaNoWriMo, I usually don't make it past a day or so. Blame it on the alcohol, the rain, or ADD but the pressure doesn't agree with my writing process... any-hoo: I would sooooo read the story idea you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Motivation! Thanks ya'll! I will keep at it then... I guess because I work in a prison and I get bored talking about work sometimes (and outside people usually don't understand my work)I didn't think it would be interesting to others. But here you two are reassuring me. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus my ADD kicks in at weird times, not just during NaNoWriMo! LOL! j/k

    ReplyDelete