Thursday, December 9, 2010

Live.Laugh.Love.

I've decided that the blogging prompts are wack! I write what I feel, when I feel.  So, needless to point out, I will not be using the blogging prompts.  I also will not be blogging everyday.  I don't have the energy, time, or the topics to blog about something everyday.  I am trying to develop my characters, research locations, and actually get the story out of my head.  So, that was my disclaimer now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Live.Laugh.Love.  Those three words came to me, in that order, some time ago and I have it on my FB profile page.  Those words, in that order, mean something to me.  I have given myself permission to live, meaning be free, enjoy life and during my journey I should laugh hard and love harder.  All of this to say, today I watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love starring Julia Roberts.  It was a pretty good movie about finding yourself. In the movie, Liz (Julia's character), is a writer who travels to a few countries alone.  She is befriended by a woman in Italy and before you know it she's apart of an inner circle of friends/family.  Initially, my response is "Awww, that's so nice.  I wanna go to Italy and hang out with Italians." But after a while, I began to question if that type of thing happens in real life.  If I travel to Rome, will someone spark up a conversation with me that will lead to a life altering experience which includes developing long lasting relationships? I doubt it.  I'd probably get mugged (did I just use that word?) or something equally as demeaning.  I'd probably be stranded, lonely and cold (IDK why those two words always go together), without money or assistance.  I have to be positive, optimistic, right? WRONG! If I want to go on a life altering, soul cleansing journey which takes me to other countries I have to be realistic.  Safety first.  My inner circle thinks that I'm crazy because visiting Prague and Singapore, amongst other places to travel to,  are both on my bucketlist.  In short, this movie served as a reminder for me to first breathe.  Make sure you check it out.  Then we'll chit chat about it, k? Oh, BTW, live.laugh.love.

No comments:

Post a Comment