Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: My year in review (well at least the parts I can remember)

I have been thinking about this blog post for the last few days.  And I actually had some good stuff thought out to add, however, most of it has oozed out of my ear. I looked over my previous blog posts and I have fell short on my writing goals.  This is not a celebratory blog as I had hoped.  I was unable keep my thoughts straight long enough to complete a single piece of writing.  My summer assault has proven victorious in regards to my focus.  I have not lost hope though.  I hope to be creative and carefree in the new year.  And I hope to travel more often than not!  I think I will plan trips- day trips, long weekends, girlfriends' getaways, second and third honeymoons- after this reflection.  I am grateful to have a job where, although my days off rotate, I know my schedule for the year!  

So, my year in review (that I can remember)....  I had car problems for eleven of the twelve months in 2010. I had a few deaths, literally and figuratively, in my family.  I have endured a life-altering experience, I moved into an apartment complex for the first time in my life (and live above the "Catman" who I can hear snoring through the floor) and I work six days each week in a place that is the "anti-creative" space.  Not to say that I haven't had several WIP (works in progress) during this year but I have none that are completed.  I attempted to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which is held during the month of November and I  wrote 132 words! Seriously SMH @ me!  I did, however, gain an addiction to Twitter over the last few weeks.  Overall, for me, 2010 was one continuous stressful event.

In 2011, I would like to accomplish several goals.  I would like to travel more (as stated above).  I would like to take a Gotham Writers' Workshop writing class. I would like to complete at least one short story, one novel, one song, a plethora of poetry, and NaNoWriMo.  I would like to live a healthier lifestyle.  And I would like to stress less.  I am sure that I'll be able to accomplish most, if not all, of these goals but first I have to allow myself a good cleansing (a cry... and maybe a colonic... IDK) and make the moves that I need to make to get where I want to be.

Oh, and I have to get this blog in order... its all over the place! I will happily take suggestions as to where/how to kick start my 2011....

No comments:

Post a Comment