Sunday, October 31, 2010

Seven

I've heard that seven is a special number. God created and on the seventh day he rested. Seven days in a week. Seven years for bad credit to disappear.... My question is: Does lucky number seven also apply to heartache? Its been seven years since someone did something really hurtful, lifechangingly so, (btw its a word because I said it!) and my question has to do with healing time. Its rhetorical, I guess. We all know how long we need to "get over it" but if it takes as long as seven years, does it *poof* disappear? Just random thoughts. I have them sometimes. It burns me up that people do hurtful, harmful things to others and nothing happens to them. Its not okay to change someone's life without their permission. I know this is the wrong place for this but... in a way it does have to do with my writing. I am emotional. July 9th. Cancer. Most of my actions, reactions, or inactions are emotionally charged. Everything is effected including my writing. I don't feel that electric current flowing from my heart to my pen as strongly. I used to. And just when I thought my wires were changed and ready for the full current to flow through once again, I get hit with the "Summer Assault" and recovery is not looking good. The forecast for my writing, for my life is partly cloudy with a chance of showers. The sunshine does peak through every now and then but... I'm having trouble writing this blog so how do I move the clouds enough to write a novel in a month? November is national novel writing month. Tomorrow is the first of November and I do not have a clue what I'm going to write about... for each day of this month. I hope it doesn't take seven more years to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment