Saturday, October 16, 2010

Open Mic...Untitled

Well, the poetry event has come and gone. It went well.... but i wanted better. It was a learning experience that my friend, the teacher, had to remind me of. So next time it can get better....and it will! Another friend pointed out that I should at least read one of my poems during my poetry event! But OMG it is scary on that stage under those lights and the eyes of the crowd! I'm taking the advice under consideration and I've been looking through some old journals reading old poems and trying to find inspiration to write new ones. Here's an oldie I've been keeping to myself:
03.07.07.
Love is a selfish emotion.
I love you. So much so that sometimes I want to be you.
I want to feel how it feels to be in your skin.
To have your blood flow thro ugh my veins.
I want to feel your experiences and cry your tears.
I want to hurt when you hurt and smile your smile.
Love is a selfish emotion.
I love you.

Well, we'll see if I can get on that stage on November 17th....

No comments:

Post a Comment